Monday 22 October 2007

Don't buy a car

A colleague of mine has just bought a car. He seemed very happy, now both him and his wife have a car. They could easily commute by train, but they feel that having a car make them more independent. It is not really a NECESSITY, it's a COMMODITY.

I have asked him "Why have you bought a car, don't you know that in maximum 3 years you won't be able to afford the gas? Soon cars will be good only as a shelter for hens, rabbits, or as additional room for guests". He looks at me like I was crazy.

It's all the time the same story. People lack of foresight. They see the streets full of cars, and they think it will go on forever. I see cars, and I feel surprised that there are still people insisting on using a car, although it's proven that they devour the planet. Anyway it will soon be over. Remember 1973, when cars were not allowed to circulate on weekends? Well, next Oil Crisis is just around the corner, buy a bike and start training.

No comments: